The Cloud Platforms Automation Engineer will be responsible for building and maintaining the automated infrastructure for our cloud platforms. This includes provisioning, configuration, and monitoring of cloud resources using Terraform. The ideal candidate will have experience with a variety of cloud providers, including AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud Platform. They will also have a strong background in DevOps practices such as CI/CD and automation.
- Collaborate with Software Development teams, Product Managers, and Business Owners to ensure smooth deployment and operation of systems.
- Build CI/CD pipeline configurations to orchestrate provisioning and deployment of both large and small-scale systems.
- Automate tools to monitor system health and reliability to support business process requirements.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in development, test, and production environments.
- Communicate status and risks to the product teams.
- Help automate and streamline operations and processes.
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations.
- Significant experience writing Hashicorp Terraform configurations and modules.
- Experience in DevOps and GitOps models with infra-as-code, config-as-code, policy-as-code, etc.
- Proficient in translating designs into fully developed Terraform code.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Azure Cloud, certification preferred. AWS and GCP desirable.
- Solid understanding of cloud networking concepts, subnets, routing, load balancing, firewalls, and cloud security.
- Experience in enterprise-scale environments, building highly available IaaS and PaaS solutions
- Understanding of landing zones, cloud-native security, monitoring and logging tools, and Well-Architected Framework principals.
- Experience with containers related technologies and CICD tools - Jenkins, pipelines, container repos, etc.
- Experience in programming and infra-automation tools - Terraform, Ansible, Java, python, etc.
- Experience in Cloud logging, monitoring, and observability tools
- Proficient in at least one scripting language (i.e. Bash, Python).
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to work in a global team
- Minimum of a 4-year degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Minimum 3+ years of Cloud Automation Engineer working experience.