The Embedded Software Engineer will be responsible for developing and maintaining software for embedded systems. They will work with a team of engineers to create software for new products and features. They will also be responsible for troubleshooting and debugging software issues. The ideal candidate will have experience with C++ and Python.
As our Embedded Software Engineer, you will:
- Work with FPGA boards (Xilinx and Lattice) to enable 5G microcells
- Implement a subset of 5G protocols
- Bringup various FPGA boards
- Implement C programs on RISC-V to talk to FPGA
- Develop driver for our custom ASIC
- Architect and design various embedded modules
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical, or Computer Engineering, or a closely related field, with controls- or mechatronics-focused coursework or project experience. S. desired.
- 1-3 years of experience with industrial motion control and servo system technology or related field; May consider new college grad based on internship experience, college performance
- Thorough understanding of embedded software design principles and practices.
- Knowledge of C/C++ programming language and good coding practices.
- Knowledge of Lua, Python Perl.
- Experience with Ethernet-based industrial motion control protocols such as Ethernet TCP/IP Protocol, EtherCAT, Ethernet/IP, Profinet, etc.
- Experience with VxWorks or other real-time operating systems.
- Excellent knowledge of motion control and robotics.
- Ability to read and comprehend electrical schematics and troubleshoot hardware problems on prototype boards. Ability to wire basic equipment, IOs, DC Power, etc.
- Strong knowledge of a software development quality management system gained from actual experience.
- Excellent communication skills for discussing technical issues with software or hardware engineers.
- Ability to work closely with Yaskawa expatriates in a multi-cultural, multi-lingual environment.