The java developer will be responsible for the development and maintenance of applications written in java and related technologies. They will work closely with other members of the software development team to create high-quality and innovative software solutions. The java developer will be expected to have excellent problem-solving skills and be able to adapt to changing requirements.
The role is expected to drive technology discussions and analyze the current landscape for gaps in addressing business needs. Cognizant needs a motivated individual to challenge the status quo and provide thought leadership/best practices to enhance our current services and technologies.
- Collaborate with team to gather and review software requirements and user stories
- Provide estimates (relative estimation)
- Break user stories into specific subtasks
- Create software design specifications and collaborate with engineers/architects to assess and test hardware and software interactions
- Execute a development methodology through the application of both backend and frontend programming languages and databases
- Provide guidance to create and execute automated test plans/strategies, validate test environments, test data, and test results, and design and implement code
- Perform unit testing activities such as evaluating test results, designing and implementing code fixes, validating outcomes against expected results, and producing associated reporting
- Ensure code quality, development velocity, and improvement of quality
- Perform component, contract (consumer PACT), integration testing, and reporting testing
- Act as Tier 2 and Tier 3 Production Support
- Solve configuration and environment
- High School Diploma/GED
- Minimum 7 years of experience with Java Development.
- Minimum 1 year of experience enabling cloud deployment of applications on any one cloud platform.
- Well experienced in Java/J2EE full stack development
- Apache Kafka knowledge
- Microservices and Light Weight Architecture
- Microsoft Azure Architecture or AWS , etc.