A legal recruiter is responsible for finding and placing lawyers in temporary, contract, and full-time positions with law firms and corporate legal departments. They work with clients to identify their staffing needs and then search for qualified candidates. In addition to sourcing and screening candidates, legal recruiters also handle all aspects of the placement process, from initial interviews to salary negotiation.
Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Heavy recruiting for each open position within the legal umbrella
- Comfortable doing high level searches including associate and partner level
- Conducting searches using traditional and creative sourcing methods, including but not limited to: online searches using LinkedIn Recruiter, Leopard, job postings, internal database searches, law schools, referrals and third party search firms.
- Cold calling potential candidates.
- Screening all candidates for appropriate fit.
- Tracking all submissions in Bullhorn
- Coordinating interview schedules and collecting and reviewing all evaluations.
- Working with internal account managers on hiring partners and managers on key decisions throughout the hiring process, including resume review, interview process and overall process improvement.
- Stay informed of legal recruiting trends and make recommendations where appropriate.
- Identifying candidates for potential job openings specifically in Legal positions
- Interviewing candidates weekly for potential job openings
- Legal staffing industry experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Proven track record of success in recruiting for Legal positions
- A minimum of 3 years of staffing experience in Legal
- Knowledge of recruiting industry, concepts, practices, and procedures
- Strong knowledge of various roles and specific skill set requirements in Legal
- Successfully able to meet and conduct comprehensive in-depth, in-person interviews with candidates
- Experience with utilizing various job board sites, including LinkedIn, CareerBuilder, Monster, Indeed, etc.
- High energy, enthusiasm, and passion for recruiting and ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a high volume, fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Top notch writing skills both written and verbal