The technical project manager will be responsible for overseeing the technical aspects of the project and ensuring that all technical deliverables are met. They will also be responsible for managing the technical team and ensuring that they are on track to meet the project deadlines. The technical project manager will need to have strong technical skills and knowledge in order to be successful in this role.
This role will primarily be responsible with developing and driving a triage function to complement our network operations team. As a TPM, responsibilities for this will include:
- Develop, socialize, and deliver against project plans including timelines, goals, achievements, dependencies, risks, and monitoring/reporting/escalation mechanisms for the triage team.
- Provide horizontal visibility of triage requests and trends to identify resourcing needs, increased process awareness, automation potential, and end to end optimization opportunities.
- Manage level two support for triage tasks, following up as needed and driving longer term issues and inquiries to completion.
- Provide detailed and timely communication on developing issues or roadblocks to relevant partners with clarity.
- Work effectively both independently and in a team-based environment, knowing when to call out issues and prioritize resolution.
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent required
- 3+ years of experience in program management or technical leadership, with deep knowledge of large-scale enterprise program/project/process delivery.
- Proven track record working with information security, cloud infrastructure, and service operations functions.
- Recognize and communicate blocking issue situations. Excel in conflict resolution and people management.
- Knowledge of web application firewall management and triage/service operations.
- Knowledge of IT systems and networking in Cloud environments
- Familiarity and experience pertaining to:
- AWS (or similar) cloud security and infrastructure
- Web infrastructure security
- Network security tools (IDS/IPS, firewalls, etc.)
- Encryption technology and implementation
- Database security
- Experience in security standards such as ISO 27001, 27002, 27005; NIST, COBIT, ITIL
- Operating system security and hardening
- Excellent analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication skills, including executive presence, group facilitation and training, and negotiation
- Willingness to stress the process, make suggestions and implement changes in your sphere of influence!
- Ability to work within a team of highly qualified security specialists and multi-task optimally
- PMI Certifications
- Scrum Master and/or Product Owner certifications.
- Familiarity with digital media software and networking technologies, especially those related to Sony’s products, services, and devices.