Hiring is one of the most important aspects of business. It can take a lot of time, money, and energy to find good employees, but using an applicant tracking system (ATS) can help you streamline the process and make it easier. This blog post will explain what an ATS is and how to effectively hire with it. Specifically, we will discuss Flatwork and its features and the ways in which recruiters, or people looking for professionals can use this ATS to accomplish their goals.
- What is an ATS?
- What can you do with an ATS?
- How to use an ATS effectively?
- How long does it take companies to hire?
- What is the cost of hiring the wrong person?
- How to use Flatwork as an ATS for your hiring needs?
What is an ATS?
An applicant tracking system (ATS) is a software program that helps you manage your job applicants. It's used by employers, HR departments and recruiters to manage the hiring process.
What can you do with an ATS?
An applicant tracking system is a tool that helps HR professionals manage the hiring process.
Through ATS, you can:
- Post job openings online and manage them through the database. This includes adding new jobs, editing existing jobs, and deleting any that are no longer needed.
- Track applicants for each job by assigning them to different stages in your hiring process (e.g., pre-screening or screening) and automatically sending them emails with instructions on how to proceed through each stage.
- Automatically notify managers when there's a new applicant in their queue so they can review it at their own convenience rather than having to sit by their computer waiting for notifications throughout the day.
How to use an ATS effectively?
An ATS is a software application that helps you manage the hiring process. By automating and streamlining the candidate evaluation process, an ATS can help you improve your hiring rates.
To use an ATS effectively:
- Use it to find the right candidates. An applicant tracking system allows you to search for candidates based on skills, education and experience, which will help you avoid wasting time on unqualified applicants. You'll be able to narrow down your list of potential hires quickly as well as keep track of each candidate's status in real time.
- Use it to manage the hiring process. The ability to store important information about each candidate will give HR professionals more control over their hiring decisions by allowing them to make informed decisions about who should move forward in the selection process based on their qualifications for this role (and not just because “they are qualified”). This also helps prevent bias from creeping into decision making when multiple people are involved with recruiting efforts.
- Use it to make sure that only qualified applicants get through! There have been numerous cases where companies have hired people with criminal backgrounds due to incomplete background checks or errors made by those responsible for checking these records before submitting them.
- Use it to track applicants' progress throughout their application process so they know exactly what they need to do next so there's no confusion later down the line if any delays occur during processing periods when there might be questions left unanswered."
How long does it take companies to hire?
It's a big question and one that's impossible to answer with any certainty. How long it takes to fill a position varies from company to company, department to department, and hiring manager to hiring manager. There are also factors outside of your control that can impact the time-to-fill, such as industry trends or economic conditions (and even the weather).
That said, here are some general guidelines on how long it might take for you or someone you know to be hired:
- The median time-to-fill across all industries is 30 days.
- For open positions in companies with less than 100 employees, it takes an average of 36 days; for companies with more than 1,000 employees this number drops down sharply—just 21 days!
- In tech jobs specifically (where there's always plenty of competition), filling technical roles takes an average 38 days while non-technical openings take about 33 days on average across industries.
The cost of hiring the wrong person...
There are many costs associated with hiring the wrong person, but let’s focus on just a few.
- Time: It takes time to screen candidates, schedule interviews and conduct those interviews. If you rely on a third party to conduct the process for you, that could take even longer as they are only available during certain hours of the day or week.
- Training: The cost of training new employees is significant because it can include retraining current employees as well as additional payroll expenses while training is being completed. New hires also need help getting acclimated to their new roles and responsibilities within your company culture so they can be productive right away.
- Productivity: You cannot afford any downtime when it comes to productivity at your business—and if an employee isn’t working out in his/her role quickly enough or not meeting performance expectations, there will be lost productivity until he/she is replaced by someone else who does meet expectations (or until management decides your company won’t tolerate such poor performance).
How to use Flatwork as an ATS for your hiring needs?
- Flatwork brings speed, AI, email automation, powerful search, and collaboration to recruiting & hiring. With Flatwork, you can post jobs, find candidates, and schedule interviews all in one place—and it takes just minutes per candidate.
- You can save time by using our simple drag-and-drop interface and pre-built templates. You'll have access to powerful search tools and AI recommendations that will help you find exactly who you're looking for with just a few clicks.
- Flatwork automatically creates new positions as they're needed so that nothing slips through the cracks—no matter how small or large your company is. The best part about all this? It's all free!
- With Flatwork's AI-powered matching system, you'll get a list of the best candidates for your role in seconds. Then you can easily schedule interviews and invite candidates with just a few clicks.
- Flatwork's email automation makes it easy to communicate with your candidates before and after applying: send personalized emails that automatically include their information; set email reminders for them if they haven't applied yet; or even remind them about upcoming deadlines!
- You can also automate the talent outreach and save time by create email campaigns with rule sets to automate emails, setting conditions to whether the recipient opened or replied to your emails to increase open rates drastically. You can also track the performance of each nurture campaign and control every aspect.
- Flatwork allows you to create your own hiring pipeline in seconds as well. You can easily adjust for each job listing and change your hiring pipeline for each job listing or keep the standard one. Or you can change the stages easily
by adding, updating and deleting hiring stages.
- Flatwork quickly ranks each candidate to save you time. AI pre-screening saves you time. Using job listing details and the resumes uploaded, this feature aims to speed up your hiring process.
Using an applicant tracking system to hire is not just a way to save time, it’s also a way to find the right people for your company. You can use it to see who applies and what they can do, then use those results when deciding which applicants to interview. This will allow you to make better hiring decisions in less time so that you can get back on track with growing your business!