The year is 2023 and you've just graduated from college. Now, it's time to start your career. You want to make sure that there is a job for you in 2023, right?
The world is changing, and the way we work is changing along with it. But no matter what happens tomorrow, the most lucrative careers for 2023 will continue to be those that are in-demand and have high earning potential.That's because, as much as we'd like to think otherwise, money still rules the world. So if you want to make a living in 2023, you should pursue careers that can offer both prestige and significant compensation.
Well, here are some options that will be lucrative and just as rewarding!
1. Information Security Analysts
What is an information security analyst?
An Information Security Analyst is a person who analyzes information systems, networks and/or data to ensure their safety from internal and external threats. They also develop strategies for preventing unauthorized access to these systems, as well as repairing them if they have been compromised in any way.
What is the average salary of an information security analyst?
In 2019, the average annual salary of an Information Security Analyst ranges between $87K-$120K per year depending on location and experience level (according to Glassdoor).
This high-paying job has earned a 4 out of 5 rating on Indeed's Hot Jobs list for 2022! So there's no reason not to get in on this lucrative field before demand grows even more.
What are the education requirements for an information security analyst?
A bachelor's degree or extensive work experience are both necessary prerequisites for becoming an Information Security Analyst; however, some employers may prefer candidates with master’s degrees over bachelor’s degrees due to their higher levels of expertise in technical areas such as cryptography or computer science theory/application issues related specifically towards risk management processes within organizations rather than just technical skillsets alone which can be learned through self-study programs like Coursera courses that offer Certificate Programs without requiring formal academic transcripts upon completion because certificates are issued based solely upon hours logged into each course versus grades received by individual learners who complete assignments according either pass/fail grading criteria only.
2. Computer Systems Designers
Computer systems designers are people who design and develop software, hardware, or networks. They must have excellent problem-solving skills, be able to work with others effectively, and understand the needs of the user. Computer systems designers may work in a variety of industries such as banking or telecommunications industries.
- Skills required by a computer systems designer:
- Strong analytical skills; ability to research issues and make recommendations based on available data.
- Good interpersonal skills; ability to communicate complex concepts in simple terms for laypeople.
- Strong writing skills; ability to write technical reports that are easy for non-technicians to understand.
- Strong project management skills; ability to plan multiple tasks simultaneously while keeping track of expenses and deadlines.
- Salary range: $56,000 - $120k (USD) annually depending on experience level
3. Management Analysts
Management analysts help organizations seek out and implement the most effective ways to run their business. Their role requires them to have a broad range of skills, including organizational analysis, data collection, statistical analysis and business process improvement.
Management analysts are in demand, as organizations look for ways to improve their operations and remain competitive in today's global market. They can be found in every industry: finance; legal; healthcare; information technology (IT). This makes management analyst jobs one of the most lucrative careers to pursue in 2023 because it's so versatile: you could work anywhere from an office building downtown or at home on your laptop while watching TV on the couch!
There is no doubt that management analyst jobs will continue being crucial for businesses across industries.
A 2018 U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics report predicts a 12% growth rate between now and 2026—significantly higher than many other occupations such as Registered Nurses which only have an expected 7% increase over this same period.
4. Software Developers
Software developers are in high demand, and their salaries reflect that. The average salary is $102,000, making it one of the highest paid careers in the country. The job outlook is also very good—the Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that this field will grow by 20% between 2020 and 2024.
These professionals work with computers, programming languages, data analysis tools and other technology to create computer software applications or websites. They must have excellent problem-solving skills as well as communication skills to explain their ideas to others working on a project.
5. Market Research Analysts and Marketing Specialists
The new World Bank report predicts that market research analysts and marketing specialists will see 7.9% growth in employment by 2023. This is on top of an already-strong job outlook for this career field, which was estimated at around 10% growth from 2012 to 2022 (according to the BLS).
It's no surprise that this field is growing so rapidly: the increasing importance of marketing in business means that companies need more people who can help them with their branding, sales strategies, and other aspects of running their businesses. With such an exciting future ahead for marketers, you should consider a career in marketing if you want to make your mark on the world.
6. Medical and Health Services Managers
Medical and Health Services Managers are responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of a hospital or clinic. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the average salary for this position is $90,000. Job growth is expected to be 22% by 2023.
- Coordinate resources and oversee work activity to ensure that patients receive quality care during their stay at a hospital or clinic
- Develop plans for improving efficiency, such as upgrading equipment and reducing costs
- Manage employees' performance, including hiring new employees when needed
7. Financial Advisors
Financial advisors provide advice on investments and financial planning. They work with clients to help them make financial decisions that are best for the client's unique circumstances.
Financial advisors can work in a variety of industries, such as banks and insurance companies. They can also choose to specialize in certain areas of finance, such as retirement planning or tax management.
On a side note, In the next few years, these careers will be most rewarding in terms of income.
- Software Engineer: Software engineers are some of the most in-demand workers in the world and can expect to make a good salary as they're required across all industries. They'll also enjoy a high standard of living with low cost of living.
- Computer Programmer: Though it may sound outdated, there are still plenty of jobs out there for computer programmers who can code and design software programs using specific languages and frameworks like Java or C++. The demand for software developers is expected to increase by 19% over the next 10 years—that's more than four times faster than average! If you want to learn how to code yourself, Udemy is offering 100% off their best-selling Complete Java Masterclass course now through February 27th at midnight EST/PST (11:59 pm PST).
We have also written an in depth analysis of highest paying jobs and occupations in our previous blog post.
There are many lucrative careers to pursue in 2023. The best way to choose one is by doing research on the job market and what you want from a career. For example, if you want an easy-going job that allows you flexibility with your time then consider becoming a computer systems designer or management analyst (both of which are ranked high on this list). If you want something more challenging but rewarding then perhaps going into business for yourself would be good option as well.