As a Python Developer, you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of our web applications. You will work with our team of developers to create scalable and efficient software solutions. In addition, you will be responsible for the integration of our applications with third-party services.
- We design, develop, debug, and deploy applications (via containers) using Python. Our projects are relatively small with short, aggressive timelines, which creates a dynamic and constantly changing atmosphere.
- We customize applications and services, comprised of front-end and back-end components, for unique customer experiences.
- We follow the most common software design principles
- We use popular data platforms and file-formats including SQL, JSON, and XML
- We primarily use JetBrain's PyCharm IDE and have pockets of VS Code.
- We use some populate management tools - like Jira, Confluence, and Mavenlink.
- We use Git for source control - who doesn't anymore, right?
- We use modern containerized deployment and management tools like Nomad.
- We support, maintain, and resolve problems for custom features, with occasional on-call needs.
- We adhere to all security, availability, confidentiality, and privacy policies and controls.
- We happily assist and mentor teammates to provide technical leadership and evangelize best practices.
- 3-5+ years of relevant application and/or framework development experience using Python as the primary programming language
- Strong Python fundamentals and prior-programming experience
- Experience in writing and using Pytest fixtures for unit testing
- Experience in distributed compute programming using Spark/PySpark
- Experience in relational and NoSQL databases
- Ability to work with minimal guidance towards end-to-end application delivery
- Ability to work with global teams
- Self-motivated and team player with excellent communication skills and a strong work ethic
- Experience with Python libraries Pandas and Pandas
- Experience with developing distributed and scalable complex services, including REST interfaces
- Analytical skills to perform technical and functional analysis with strong communication skills